Six Signs of Close Observation
1. Are you noticing something you never noticed before?
2. Are you surprised to discover little hidden details?
3. Do you realize that you have favorite parts to draw?
4. Are you confounded that some parts are hard to grasp and draw?
5. Do you come away seeing it completely different?
6. Do you see that it can be re-interpreted in several ways?
Is it about what happens on the paper? Not really so much. What really matters is what happens to us - to our mind, our body, our spirit. At our disposal, we have the Artist's Kayak, equipment platforms, tools and materials to help us engage and develop our awareness.
What is really exciting about the Artist's Kayak? It's all about self discovery and transformation. It is the journey of careful noticing, observation, and the awakening of new awareness.